freshness sensor: Grocers, florists and even pharmacists may soon have a better way to monitor the quality of products they get from suppliers: a sensor that will tell when a product spoils.
A team of University of Florida (in the US) engineering students has designed and built a prototype of the sensor, which can also record and wirelessly transmit information to retailers about when and where glitches occur as a product is being shipped. The sensor will make the perishable goods supply chain both safer and more efficient.
space geysers: One of Saturn's moons, Enceladus, is sending geysers of water into space that fall back on the satellite as snow, a joint US-European exploratory space mission reports. The plumes of icy water also replenish the water particles that make up Saturn's largest ring
- Byte by byte: policy innovation for transforming Africa’s food system with digital technologies
- I am free to go home, Anderson said after disaster
- BJP only one happy as Jairam leaves feathers ruffled in MP
- Quantum jump for computers
- Rural India takes a byte of e-smartness
- Drive against polluting vehicles loses way, only 27 autos fall in line behind Krishna