papaya flower vegetable
Take fresh white flowers of papaya and wash them properly. Thereafter, fry them for two minutes and add a pinch of salt. Serve with hot rice.
Take half-a-kilogramme of unripe papaya and peel it. Thereafter, cut it into thin slices. Fry two tablespoons of gram flour (besan) on a griddle (tava) till it turns golden brown.
Roast three or four red chillies and then grind them. Mix all the ingredients, and add salt to taste. Finely chopped onions and coriander leaves can be added by those who have a liking for garnishing.
papaya and dal
Boil 200 grammes of black beans (sabut urad). Then heat a little bit of oil in a kadhai and add one teaspoon of fenugreek (methi) seeds. When they start sputtering, add the dal along with two cups of grated unripe papaya fruit.
Fry for about 10 minutes. Then add two-and-a-half cups of water, salt and sugar to taste, as well as sodium bicarbonate. Cook till the papaya and dal become tender. Add a little bit of ginger paste and serve with hot rice.
- The Khurja power project: a recipe for an Indian stranded asset
- Entomophagy for nutritional security in India: potential and promotion
- Recipe for change: An agenda for a climate-smart and sustainable food system for a healthy Europe
- The recipe for success: how policy-makers can integrate water, sanitation and hygiene into actions to end malnutrition
- Recipe For War: Remove Water and Food, Add Ethnic Strife—Then Stir
- Pulses: nutritious seeds for a sustainable future